Friday, January 23, 2009

not happy with da boss...

as the title suggests,



i dun like my boss....



for that one particular thing or conversation we had the other day..



21st Januay 2009..



~It was my response and coordination paper and like i said, i screwed it.Not having the mood and enthusiasm to teach that I was supposed to have, I went to Universal for my F2 English class.I didn't actually prepare well enough for the class but i went on like nothing happened.Faking a smile and greeted everyone including THE BOSS. Then, the boss started blabbling about his last hope of having his own private school which impressed me because the first thing that struck me was "WOAH HE'S PRETTY LOADED TO HAVE HIS OWN PRIVATE SCHOOL" and he was also saying that it was hard to find a big spacious land to build the school. Then he stated that if I have 5 years of teaching already, he will drill me and guide me to be one of his teachers, which again put me in a state of awe.



Then, clock struck 8.00pm and it was time to hit the class. Shiit... The students were again monkey-ing around in my presence. Playing notty tricks which i regard as being 14 years old sure like that lor... Then, as i started teaching, the class got outta control. And i started using my super duper loud-high pitched- voice to scold them which kinda worked. FOR THE FIRST FEW MINUTES AT LEAST.. And i sped up... It means I was talking with one breath... bla bla bla bla.... very very fast.. the reason, well my students will start to yawn and chit chat when i talk slowly... so i have to talk really fast to catch their attention (at least i know it works because the students quiet down everytime i speed up,that was my assumption )



Then, i came out from the class to photocopy homework for the class. It was then that the disasterous conversation began.


BIG BOSS : Wah Jasmin. You talk very fast oh. They can understand ah ?


ME : (with the exhausted and annoyed tone) I have to because the moment i sped up, they will quiet down. This class is out of control. The students (mainly boys) are very naughty.


BIG BOSS : Oh. They quiet down is because they don't understand you, is it ? *giggles plus a wicked-i-hate-to-see grin*


There goes my mood. The last 30 minutes of my class was all gloomy. My students might have noticed because they,too were very guai for that 30 minutes of "ordeal".



I seriously don't have a clue what i should do about it. Is it true that the students quiet down because they dun understand me ?


Am i putting my part-time job at risk of "FRIED OILY FISH" ???


i dunno... Mom assured me that it's nothing big...


"Now you know that money doesn't come easily hor ??? You need to face the not-so-friendly-plus-sarcastic boss and also juggle between study work and play time just to get that petty cash."



well, i totally agree with her... Well mom, thanks for the advice... and encouragement.. not forgetting too, the BEAR HUG u always give whenever i'm under pressure be it, exam fever or workload stress... THANK YOU... i love u mom.... ur HUG is always the best remedy..



And she did say one thing though... If u are really fired (please please dun!!!!) , then nvm lor... spend less eat less drive less lor... hahaha....



Then i added, ya lor.. By then, i'll be a NORMAL college student....... depending on mom for money which i hated most.... she has burdens of her own.... so u know what peeps, instead of crying over split milk, I SHOULD FRIGGING GEAR UP TO IMPROVE RIGHT ???


After tis post, i'll be so over it and move on...


~gahhhh... i have 5 weeks of holidays lu... use it to the max to see how to teach better...~


END THIS POST WITH A PIC OF ME IN UNIVERSAL




No comments: